APEX Challenge pitchfest presenters announced
Friday September 6, 2013DENVER - Ten of Colorado's top startups will present their pitches to a panel of celebrity angel investors as well as a live audience during the Colorado Technology Association Board of Directors APEX Challenge on Sept. 11.
The APEX Challenge - half American Idol and half pitch-fest, is an energetic and fast-paced program that will award more than $20,000 in cash prizes to the three top deserving startups in the state, CTA said.
During the event, the finalists will pitch live before an audience of 1,000. The APEX Challenge is unique because the winner is selected by the judging panel and through audience participation.
"The quality of applications for the APEX Challenge was unprecedented and narrowing the field down to just 10 was incredibly challenging," said Erik Mitisek, CTA president.
"It's a testament to what a great place Colorado has become to start a technology company."
The 10 presenting companies are:
- Active Junky, an online shopping community
- BrandFolder, which ensures consistent brand representation
- Intelivideo, which helps companies move from DVDs to streaming and downloadable videos on any device
- MyRounding, which develops, markets and sells technology solutions to hospitals and health care organizations
- Nanoly BioScience, which is developing a chemical that will vaccines to survive without refrigeration
- Rachio, which has developed an Internet-connected smart sprinkler controller
- SeedPaths, which teaches young people how to develop software
- Splick-It, which offers mobile and online ordering, payments and restaurant loyalty applications
- SupportLocal, a community of friends recommending local businesses
- TAGster, which makes it easier to reunite owners and their missing items
The APEX Challenge kicks off at 3:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.coloradotechnology.org.