Colorado BioScience Association to spotlight state's medical device industry at Jan. 29 symposium in Broomfield
Friday January 23, 2015 0 comments
DENVER - Colorado BioScience Association will highlight M&A activity and growth in Colorado's thriving medical device industry at the CBSA Medical Device Symposium on Jan. 29 at the Omni Interlocken Resort in Broomfield.
The symposium's agenda will include medical device sector dealmaking, trends, legal implications and policy discussions.
Highlights of the CBSA Medical Device Symposium, sponsored by Snell & Wilmer Law Offices, include:
- Insight on Medtronic's acquisition of Covidien
- New data on the medical device industry in Colorado
- Information on the impact of federal policy on the state's medical device industry
"Colorado's medical device industry is booming, with device and diagnostics employment increasing by 23% between 2007 and 2012," said April Giles, CBSA president and CEO. "This important sector is a success story for Colorado and our bioscience community.
"CBSA is proud to bring leading experts on medical device industry deals and trends together to share success stories and strategies for future growth."
Featured speakers for the symposium include:
- Chris Cleary, VP of Corporate Development for Medtronic. Cleary will give insights into the Medtronic acquisition of Covidien.
- Erik Reynolds, Senior Manager, Healthcare Segment, EY. Reynolds will present EY's Pulse of the Industry Report, outlining industry trends and providing an outlook for the medical device community in 2015.
- Erik Kintner, Partner, Snell & Wilmer. Kintner will lead a panel discussion on federal policy and implications for the state's medical technology sector.
Supporting sponsors of the symposium include EY, Fisher Scientific and Fitzsimons Redevelopment Authority.
The conference will be held from 1-6 p.m. at Omni Interlocken Resort, 500 Interlocken Blvd., in Broomfield. Registration is $50 for CBSA members and $100 for non-members.