Monday May 6, 2013 0 commentsDENVER - Derek Cole, president of Investor Relations Advisory Solutions, Broomfield and New York, was named chairman of the Colorado BioScience Association board of directors at its 2013 Annual All-Member Meeting.
Cole replaces Steve Orndorff, CEO of Ariel Pharmaceuticals in Broomfield, in the board chair role.
Cole is an investor relations/finance/corporate communications executive with 22 years of experience in the capital markets and corporate planning sectors.
He has 16 years of dedicated investor relations, corporate communications and media relations experience focused on supporting the development of private, small and mid-cap companies.
Cole was elected 2012 chairman of the National Board of Directors of the National Investor Relations Institute.
Joining Cole as CBSA board officers are Mark Spiecker, CEO, Sharklet Technologies, vice chair; Jim Wilson, partner, Ernst&Young, treasurer; and Lisa Drake, director of government affairs, Monsanto, secretary.
Six new board members were also appointed:
- Brenda Fielding, executive VP, regulatory and strategic development, Clinipace;
- Scott Larson, senior VP, legal and general counsel, Terumo BCT;
- Brett Lund, executive VP, general counsel and secretary, Gevo;
- Bill Marshall, president, CEO, co-founder and director, miRagen;
- Chris Myatt, co-founder and CEO, MBio Diagnostics;
- Bob Reddy, director of global marketing, Medtronic
For more information, visit www.cobioscience.com.