Tuesday February 17, 2015 0 comments
DENVER - Organizers of 10.10.10 held the 10-day event's "Big Reveal" on Monday, listing the 10 "wicked problems" a group of 10 selected CEOs will attempt to address between Feb. 16-26.
The inaugural event, created by Colorado serial entrepreneur Tom Higley, aims to team the CEOs in an effort to tackle 10 of the biggest problems in health care today.
The ultimate goal at the end of the 10-day period is to create a viable company to take on the challenges.
The 10 wicked problems announced at the Big Reveal at the McNichols Civic Center building in downtown Denver are:
· Childhood obesity
· Patient engagement
· Antibiotic resistance
· End-of-life care
· Pandemic weapons and bioterrorism
· Patient and data matching
· Health guide maps
· Health data
· Patient mobility and independence
The CEOs selected for 10.10.10 were drawn from across the U.S. and each CEO can pick one problem to focus on, with multiple CEOs choosing the same one.
The 10 selected CEOs are:
· Frank Ricotta, Denver, managing partner of BurstIQ and a former CTO and CEO of several companies
· Maurice Herbelin, Sacramento, Calif., former UnitedHealth Group medical director
· Joy Randels, Bradenton, Fla, founder and CEO of New Market Partner, a tech company accelerator
· Monique Giggy, Palo Alto, co-founder and president of the mobile golf app Swing by Swing Golf
· Zackary Lewis, Denver, founder of Liquid Compass, a radio streaming company
· Lizelle van Vuuren, Denver, founder and CEO of startup marketing company Effectively and founder of Women Who Startup
· Craig Misrach, San Diego, founder and CEO of Freedom Meditech
· Kelly O'Neill Dwight, Denver, president and principal consultant of KMD Consulting Services
· Cheryl Kellond, Boulder, co-founder and CEO of Bia Sport, a sports watch company
· Lincoln Powers, Billings, Mont., founder, CEO and chief data architect of Rocky Mountain Technology Group
The CEOs will work with problem advocates to seek their assistance and insight and present their ideas and findings on Feb. 26 during the event's "Grand Finale."