Wednesday May 30, 2012 0 commentsSix Colorado small businesses recently received $150,000 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants from the DOE to help fund projects on power generation.
The grants were part of $11 million in innovation grants to nearly 70 small businesses across the nation. The businesses selected will also be eligible to compete for a second phase of the program for awards of up to $1 million over two years.
"These grants speak to the cutting-edge, innovative work being done here in Colorado," said Colorado Senator Michael Bennet in a statement. "Our state has been on the leading edge of clean energy sector job creation, entrepreneurship, and innovation - areas that SBIR resources are targeted to support."
The selected Colorado companies were:
- Aqwest LLC, Larkspur, $150,000
- Cool Energy Inc., Boulder, $150,000
- Ion Engineering LLC, Boulder, $150,000
- Sporian Microsystems Inc., Lafayette, $300,000 for two projects
- Symbios Technologies LLC, Fort Collins, $150,000
- Tda Research Inc., Wheat Ridge, $450,000 for three projects