Tuesday March 24, 2015 0 comments
GREELEY - Five Colorado companies will make their final pitches on Thursday in the Sixth Annual University of Northern Colorado Monfort College of Business Entrepreneurial Challenge.
The five companies will present their business pitches to a panel of judges in a "Shark Tank" format at 9NEWS studios in Denver.
The event will be recorded and televised Sunday, April 12, at 7 p.m. on KTVD Channel 20 with 9NEWS anchor and business reporter Gregg Moss as host.
Winners will receive a total of $50,000 in prize money and business incubator services from UNC BizHub, the business incubator at UNC.
This year's finalists are:
· Change Composites, producers of a bike helmet that helps reduce traumatic brain injuries
· Gamecentrics, bringing gamification to daily workplace productivity
· LUCAN Technologies, producers of wearable tech
· QBLabs, empowering physicians, trainers and physical therapists to support client progress
· VisePower.com, whose product, The Vise, gives athletes leverage to properly tighten weight belts
"I am very impressed with the strength of the businesses that advanced to the finals," said Dr. David Thomas, assistant professor of management in the Monfort College of Business.
"With the great ideas being presented, we are in store for a very exciting final challenge on 9NEWS."
Judges for the final challenge include Peter Adams, executive director, Rockies Venture Club; Kevin Ahern, founder and chair and CEO of CIC Bancshares; and Brad Florin, serial entrepreneur and strategic advisor.
For more information, visit www.mcb-echallenge.com.