Wednesday July 9, 2014 0 comments
BOULDER - FreeWave Technologies, Inc., a leader in industrial, secure Machine-to-Machine (M2M) wireless networking solutions, today announced the appointment of company expansion veteran Kim Niederman to be FreeWave's new CEO.
Niederman has more than 20 years of senior executive experience (including serving as CEO and president) with a successful leadership track record in public and private companies of all sizes - ranging from large high-tech (Cisco Systems), to mid-size corporations (Polycom, Inc., FORE Systems, 8x8, Inc.) and several startup firms.
Most recently, Niederman served as president of 8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), where the company's market cap increased five times to more than $1 billion in two-and-a-half years under his leadership.
FreeWave co-founder Steve Wulchin will continue to play a significant role by serving as company president and overseeing FreeWave's penetration into existing and new international markets.
"FreeWave has built a great management team and employee base, along with innovative technology, to support customers with mission-critical applications in the fast-growing M2M and IoT (Internet of Things) markets," said Niederman.
"We have the right people with the right technology at the right time. I couldn't be more excited to help lead this company to its next level of success."
Established more than 20 years ago, FreeWave said it has earned a reputation for delivering products that work reliably for years and in conditions where other products failed in its core markets of oil-and-gas, government and defense, precision agriculture and utilities.
Under Wulchin's guidance, more than 1 million FreeWave radios have been deployed in the field. In 2007, FreeWave landed one of Colorado's largest private equity placements of $113 million.
FreeWave said its new management team includes industry veterans poised to take the company into new growth markets.
Management team members now include:
- Kim Niederman, CEO
- Steve Wulchin, co-founder and president
- Karl Kunz, CFO - formerly CFO at Carefree of Colorado; director of ISC FP&A at Honeywell Aerospace; and several years in finance at Hewlett-Packard
- Ashish Sharma, CMO and GM of Products - formerly VP of marketing at Alvarion; vice chair, Marketing Working Group of the WiMAX Forum; director of business development at Ericsson; and manager, RF Engineering, at Qualcomm
- Greg Veintimilla, CTO and VP of Engineering - formerly president and CEO at Vintrana; VP, System Engineering and Advanced Technologies at Powerwave Technologies; CTO and VP of Engineering at RadioFrame Networks; and manager, DSP Software Development, at AT&T Wireless
- Ken Granader, VP of Sales - formerly VP at Polycom; VP of sales and marketing at Switchpoint Networks; regional manager at Cisco; and major account sales manager at Xerox
- Kelly Wenzel, director of human resources - formerly senior regional human resources manager - East and West Coasts - at Animal Health International; director, communications at SeatonHill; president of HR Strategy and Compliance Consulting at Wenzel Consulting Firm; and several other human resource and communications positions in other leading organizations
"FreeWave is only as strong as the team and leadership it employs," said Wulchin. "That's why I am excited to bring Kim on board to complete our senior management team. We now have the executive vision and talent to lead our employees in delivering innovative new technologies for our customers in the industrial M2M and IoT markets.
"The solutions we will deliver, together with a strong strategy and execution plan, will help take FreeWave to exciting new levels while continuing to serve our customers with the care they have come to expect."
FreeWave recently introduced WavePoint, the company's new versatile high-speed wireless networking platform that securely communicates industrial data over long distances to enable M2M, IoT, broadband and SCADA applications.
Since its market introduction in March, the WavePoint product family has already received four M2M industry awards for its innovation and technology design.