Monday June 24, 2013 0 comments
DENVER - Colorado companies won five of seven awards given at the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2013 Awards for the Mountain Desert region.
The awards recognize high-growth entrepreneurs in Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico who demonstrate excellence and success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
The following Colorado awards were made at the 27th annual Entrepreneur of the Year event held June 20:
- Retail Distribution and Services--Stephen Hughes, CEO and chairman, Boulder Brands, Niwot
- Health Care Services - Kenneth Weiner, founding partner and CEO, Eating Recovery Center, Denver
- Consumer Products--Justin Gold, Justin's, Boulder
- Technology Services--Mike Shehan, CEO and co-founder, and Steve Swoboda, COO, CFO and co-founder, SpotXchange, Westminster
- Real Estate and Construction--Jeffrey Elowe, president and CEO, The Laramar Group, Greenwood Village
Regional award winners go on to compete at the national level. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National Entrepreneur of the Year Overall Award winner, will be announced Nov. 16 at the Ernst & Young awards gala in Palm Springs, Calif.
For more information, visit www.ey.com.