Wednesday October 10, 2012 0 comments
DENVER - The Colorado Cleantech Industry Association (CCIA) today announced 21 finalists for its third annual "Colorado Cleantech Industry Awards Celebration" honoring leadership in advancing cleantech job creation, corporate growth, individual effort and technical innovation.
Winners will be announced Oct. 22 at the Colorado Cleantech Awards Celebration at the Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel.
The finalists were selected on their ability to impact the marketplace with innovative clean technologies and recognizes successful fundraising efforts, ability to scale their technology and the company's statewide job creation success.
Individuals were selected for their commitment to expanding Colorado's cleantech ecosystem and their devotion to the growth of their respective organizations.
With guidance from Deloitte, the finalists were selected by a group of industry peers consisting of entrepreneurial leaders, cleantech CEOs and former award winners.
"We greatly value the work these companies and individuals have undertaken and their passion towards positioning Colorado as one of the most advanced states in the nation for cleantech," said Christine Shepard, CCIA executive director.
Award finalists for 2012 are:
National Cleantech Leadership Award
* Center for the New Energy Economy, Fort Collins
* Colorado Renewable Energy Collaboratory, Golden
* Ecotech Institute, Aurora
Governor's Award for Excellence in Cleantech Leadership
- Robert Fenwick-Smith, Aravaipa Ventures
- Doug Schatz, Ampt
Cleantech Corporate Champion
- Wells Fargo
Cleantech Investor of the Year
- 9th Street Investments, Golden
- Access Venture Partners, Westminster
- Braemar Energy Partners
- New Enterprise Associates
High Impact Cleantech Company
- Albeo Technologies, Boulder
- Sundrop Fuels, Longmont
Breakout Cleantech Company
- Boulder Wind Power, Boulder
- Zeachem, Lakewood
Emerging Cleantech Company
- Silver Bullet Water Treatment, Denver
- SkyFuel Inc., Arvada
Colorado Cleantech Entrepreneur of the Year
- Sandy Butterfield, Boulder Wind Power, Boulder
- Hans Mueller, EcoVapor Recovery Systems, Centennial
Cleantech Executive of the Year
- Joel Butler, Solix BioSystems, Fort Collins
- Mark Verheyen, TerraLUX
Legislator of the Year
- State Rep. Brian Delgrosso
The awards celebration will be held from 5-8 p.m. Josh Green, general partner at Mohr Davidow Ventures and chair-elect of the National Venture Capital Association, will be keynote speaker.
For more information or to register, visit http://coloradocleantech.com/2012-dinner.html.