CCIA awards go to nine for advancing state's cleantech industry
Tuesday December 3, 2013
DENVER - Nine Colorado recipients received awards from the Colorado Cleantech Industries Association during the annual "Colorado Cleantech Awards Celebration" held Monday, Dec. 2, in Denver.
Recipients were honored for advancing Colorado's cleantech ecosystem, increasing jobs and driving innovation in the cleantech sector.
Those receiving awards were:
- National Cleantech Leader--Colorado Energy Research Collaboratory
- Governor's Award for Excellence in Cleantech Leadership--Charles (Chas) Eggert, OPXBIO
- Cleantech Corporate Champion-- RK Mechanical
- Cleantech Investor of the Year-- State of Colorado, Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT)
- High Impact Cleantech Company of the Year--Silver Bullet Water Treatment
- Breakout Cleantech Company of the Year--Cool Planet Energy Systems
- Emerging Cleantech Company of the Year--WeatherCloud
- Colorado Cleantech Entrepreneur of the Year--Tim Reeser, Lightning Hybrids
- Legislator of the Year--Colorado Sen. Rollie Heath
"We are thrilled to recognize this year's winners for their outstanding contributions to Colorado's cleantech industry," said Chris Shapard, CCIA executive director.
"These individuals and companies represent the exceptional leadership and advanced technology development native to the state of Colorado. We look forward to watching them grow and implement their cutting-edge ideas and technologies across the cleantech sector."
Award winners will have the opportunity to travel with a CCIA delegation to Palo Alto in February to meet with the area's angel, venture capital and strategic investor community.