Wednesday April 3, 2013 0 commentsGOLDEN - A new 21-page report by Navigant Research identifying 10 key trends that will shape smart grid investment in 2013 and beyond is now available for free at www.navigantresearch.com.
Navigant forecasts smart grid technology revenue will reach a cumulative total of $494 billion during the period of 2012-2020 with a compound annual growth rate of 10 percent.
The top 10 trends discussed in the report are:
- Smart grid technology spending remains robust
- Smart meter shipments continue to decline
- Home energy management gains momentum
- Demand response shifts to a flexibility market
- Adoption of automated demand response accelerates
- Utilities rely more upon real-time grid analytics
- Disaster recovery and service restoration become more efficient
- Distributed energy generation poses more issues
- Meter data management struggles but survives
- Cyber security market offers limited promise
The report also includes key market forecasts of revenue for smart grid technology by application; smart meter shipments by region; home energy management revenue by region; and advanced distribution management system revenue in world markets, among other topics.