Monday November 21, 2016 0 comments
BOULDER -- Artificial intelligence (AI) in 2017 is expected to bring massive shifts in how people perceive and interact with technology, with machines performing a wider range of tasks and in many cases doing a better job than humans, according to a new report from Tractica.
Few technologies have the transformative potential to reshape how we live, move, and work. Electricity and the Internet were two technologies that fundamentally transformed life in the 20th century.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the 21st century equivalent of electricity and the Internet, according to the Tractica report.
Tractica’s white paper analyzes 10 key trends influencing the development of the global artificial intelligence market. Key trends examined in this paper:
- AI implementations will be focused on incremental improvements in the short term, but its transformative potential should not be ignored
- Virtually all AI implementations will be narrow AI
- Deep learning will be the most important AI technology
- Semi-supervised AI will gain traction
- A top-heavy and long-tail ecosystem is emerging for AI
- The era of GPU dominance in the AI market will end
- AI will impact almost every industry
- Human perception is a bigger driver for AI than Big Data
- Professional services is the next big emerging opportunity in AI
- AI czars will be part of government by 2020
Tractica’s white paper, “Artificial Intelligence: 10 Trends to Watch in 2017 and Beyond”, examines 10 key AI market trends based on ongoing research and analysis that form part of Tractica’s Artificial Intelligence Advisory Service.
This white paper is published in partnership with the AI Summit, which will be held in New York City on Dec. 1. A full copy of the white paper is available for free download on Tractica’s website.