Monday September 10, 2018 0 comments
Building on the company’s suite of products rooted in a commitment to education, Sphero said BOLT’s capabilities empower users to dive deeper into the world of STEAM learning.
In addition to the robot itself, Sphero BOLT is accompanied by the Sphero Edu app. The app provides educators, parents, and kids alike with an ecosystem to share curriculum, projects, and learnings with ease, furthering Sphero’s mission to educate consumers through the act of play.
Sphero BOLT introduces five new features that enable even more creative learning and gameplay:
- An animated and programmable 8x8 LED matrix that displays real-time data and graphics
- Infrared sensors that make way for BOLT-to-BOLT communication, new games, and advanced movements
- New Auto-Aim feature, making it easier for users to ready their BOLT through a built-in compass
- An ambient light sensor that offers new learning opportunities through light and brightness
- Extended battery life, enabling more than two hours of continuous play
“With BOLT, we’ve created an experience scaleable for all ages that embraces the knowledge that play is a powerful teacher,” said Paul Berberian, Sphero CEO.
“Our goal for this product, as well as all future Sphero products, is to provide consumers with an opportunity to learn while having fun.”
Sphero BOLT retails for $149.99 and is available now on Sphero.com and at select retailers later this month. Sphero BOLT is also available in two classroom packs; a charging case called the “BOLT Power Pack” for $2499.99, and the “BOLT 15 Pack” for $1949.99, both of which include 15 robots and accessories designed to make it easy to bring Sphero BOLT into any school or maker environment.
Sphero BOLT comes to life through the existing Sphero Edu app for learning and coding on iOS, Android, Kindle, Mac, Windows, and Chrome, as well as the new Sphero Play app for unique drive modes and games on iOS and Android.
To learn more and to purchase Sphero BOLT, visit Sphero.com/BOLT or follow Sphero on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.