Friday February 19, 2021 0 comments
FORT COLLINS -- In response to gaps in the short-range air defense radar market, Numerica announced the development of a new U.S.-made, 3D radar solution for Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS) and other short-range defense missions – introducing SpyglassTM Short Range Surveillance Radar.
Designed to fill the need for exceptional C-UAS detection and tracking performance, Spyglass from Numerica will be available soon for a broad set of applications including facility security, border surveillance, convoy and vehicle protection, air space monitoring and more.
“Spyglass was born out of our first-hand experience with gaps in the short-range radar market,” said Nate Knight, VP of air and missile defense at Numerica.
“The rapidly-growing autonomous drone threat presented an opportunity to turn our attention to building a new radar from the ground up that would leverage our decades of experience solving critical air and missile defense problems and applying our proven radar processing and tracking technologies in new ways.”
Numerica said Spyglass will offer advantages including:
- Superior precision: Spyglass utilizes Ku-Band Phased Array technology to provide high-precision measurements, improving targeting and classification performance at longer ranges and providing critical time for decision making and threat mitigation.
- See farther + react faster: Advanced signal processing algorithms and autonomy extend the detection range of the 3D radar allowing users to see farther and faster.
- Close the gap: Traditional pulse-doppler radar designs leave users blind up close, Spyglass' simultaneous transmit-and-receive design ensures threats are not missed at close ranges.
- Deploy anywhere: With a rugged, solid-state design, low power consumption and low transmit power, Spyglass is built to be deployed anywhere needed.
- Any mission covered: With embedded C2 and AI software, Spyglass is designed to enable broad- area autonomous sensor networks. Software-defined operating modes enable rapid customization to specific mission requirements.
- Trusted U.S. partner: Designed and manufactured in the U.S. by trusted defense partners.
“We carefully selected partners for this effort who could support the delivery and integration of Spyglass to key military customers and also leverage the best in U.S. manufacturing talent,” said Jeff Poore, president of Numerica.
“We have collaborated with respected partners including Liteye Systems and NEOTech to bring to life this 3D radar solution urgently needed by the U.S. Armed Forces.”
Liteye Systems, a world leader and technology solutions provider and integrator of military and commercial solutions based in Centennial, Colo., will be the exclusive distributor of Spyglass for Numerica.
As an industry expert, Liteye will provide seamless sales support, qualified field service and expert maintenance to ensure the best performance and experience for Spyglass end-users.
“Numerica has developed an extremely advanced radar solution that comes from deep-rooted experience working with the U.S. military since 1996,” said Kenneth Geyer, CEO of Liteye Systems.
“This 3D radar is uniquely designed from the warfighter’s standpoint and Liteye is excited to be part of this program.”