Wednesday February 19, 2020 0 comments
CENTENNIAL -- Laser Technology, Inc., a manufacturing company specializing in laser speed, distance, and measurement devices, announced the release of a new measurement tool within their Professional Measurement Division: the TruPoint™ 200h integrated with Hybrid Measurement Technology.
LTI is known for developing lasers using pulse technology, found throughout their professional-grade lasers for field measurements and mapping, and within the world’s most popular line of recreational rangefinders for hunting and golf.
After the successful launch into the phase-laser technology market in 2017, with the introduction of the TruPoint™ 300, LTI said it wanted to further advance laser measurement collection by integrating both phase and pulse technology within one device.
The TruPoint™ 200h is the first of its kind and redefining how professionals measure and collect data, producing accurate long-range outdoor measurements and short-range accuracy for indoor measurements.
LTI said the TruPoint 200h measures slope distances and degree of inclination, allowing the unit to calculate horizontal and vertical distances, height, and 2D missing line values. The accuracy of the laser depends on the technology it is using: +/- 2-4 cm (0.8 – 1.5 in) for pulse and +/- 1.5 mm (0.05 in) for phase.
“The TruPoint 200h is a unique field instrument that provides the long-range outdoor measurement capabilities of a laser rangefinder with the high accuracy indoor performance of a laser distance meter,” said Eric Miller, LTI president and COO.
“It combines the traditional features and functions of both measurement devices to allow for a familiar and efficient user experience no matter what your field measurement background is.
“Carrying the TruPoint 200h in your toolbox is like having 2 different products in one, reducing cost, saving time and minimizing the number of instruments you have to take into the field.”
Key features include:
- Hybrid Measurement Technology (HMT) -- Combines the pulse technology of an outdoor rangefinder with the phase technology of an indoor distance meter.
- Accurate -- Achieves millimeter to centimeter accuracy.
- Heads-Up Display (HUD) -- Ultra bright in-view display works in all worksite lighting conditions….indoors or out!
- Built to Perform -- Designed for everyday use under harsh conditions with ultra-rugged IP67 dustproof / waterproof construction for today’s active workforce.
- Bluetooth Smart Dual Ready Mode -- Combines the Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth SMART (Low Energy) wireless technology to connect to any type of data collection device.
- Onboard solutions: include calculating area and volume, heights, 2D missing line values, addition/subtraction and minimum/maximum.
LTI said WorkSite can be used without being connected to any laser, and measurements from any tool can be entered into its measurement records (from a TruPulse, tape measure, etc.), making it unlike any other app LTI has on the market today.