Thursday October 17, 2019 0 comments
GREENWOOD VILLAGE -- CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) announced the launch of Ascendon Communications, the industry’s first software-as-a-service (SaaS)-delivered, cloud-based business support systems (BSS) solution.
Built leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ascendon Communications is a multi-tenant solution that helps communications service providers (CSPs) retain and expand their customer base, increase revenues by accelerating the launch of new services, support new business model and offering innovation, and reduce costs through a cloud-based architecture, CSG said.
Ascendon Communications, part of the company’s Ascendon digital monetization solution suite, is delivered as an SaaS, cloud-based platform, so providers can move purposefully toward modernizing front- and back-office systems, resulting in reduced operating costs associated with launching new digital services and entering new markets.
“The opportunities that the next generation of technology delivers is radically reshaping how communications service providers are formulating their business models and launching new services to keep pace with their competition,” said Chad Dunavant, CSG’s global head of product management.
“Ascendon is the only solution in the industry giving CSPs the agility to outpace competition with accelerated launches of new services, while reducing cost with cloud-based SaaS deployment models.”
The next-generation, digital BSS solution spans omni-channel user experiences, product and offer catalogs, B2B2x offerings, order management, capture and decomposition, service activation, real-time rating and charging, billing and revenue management, and invoicing.
Key solution features include:
- A scalable omni-channel experience leveraging a set of open integration APIs
- Modularized, pluggable component architecture enabling seamless integration to existing platforms
- The ability to sell traditional and digital services together as a single offering
- Simultaneously supports pre-paid and post-paid B2C and B2B business models
- Carrier grade 7x24x365 managed operational model, with 99.99% availability and under 100 millisecond average response time
- Platform driven through business level configuration for rapid deployment and ongoing adaptation
- Integrated solution modules to minimize time-to-market and maximize new revenue opportunities across emerging digital services
- Pay-as-you-grow cloud economics, with virtualization through AWS
- SaaS benefits including quarterly releases of new out-of-the-box functionality
The solution is part of CSG’s Revenue and Customer Management suite of end-to-end capabilities. CSG said it supports more than 500 companies around the world, providing them with flexible and configurable solutions that help them monetize and digitally enable their customer experiences.