Friday May 17, 2019 0 comments
BOULDER -- Boulder iQ is accepting applications for its newly formed Boulder Medical Device Accelerator (BMDA).
Each year, BMDA will accept up to five startup companies in the healthcare/medical field that are seeking product development services, expert mentoring and infrastructure support in exchange for an equity investment from Boulder iQ.
The expert contract consulting firm offers design engineering, development and turnkey manufacturing for consumer, high-technology and medical products, and complete regulatory, clinical and quality compliance services for medical device and in vitro diagnostic companies.
“Ideally, applicants will be companies that require a physical technology or component for the delivery or implementation of their solution,” said Jim Kasic, Boulder iQ president and CEO and general partner of BMDA.
Each company accepted into the accelerator will receive an equity investment of $10,000. The BMDA term for each company is six months, with an option to extend up to 18 months.
“Closing the gap between core technologies and commercializable solutions is one of the greatest challenges in the medical device field today,” said Kasic.
“The experts at Boulder iQ can leverage more than 30 years of experience in bringing medical device innovations to market, directly helping stand-out new companies move their ideas from concept to reality more effectively and efficiently.”
In addition to requiring a physical technology or component, Kasic said BMDA will favor applying companies that can present the following:
- Patents pending, or granted, for their core intellectual property
- Deep understanding of their chosen market opportunity, characteristics and size
- Degree of prior funding success
- Class I or II technologies
Accepted companies will receive:
- Medical device product development, quality, regulatory and administrative services at a significantly discounted rate through Boulder iQ
- Expert mentoring and counsel on the commercialization process for products
- Office, lab and meeting space, and extensive infrastructure support at Boulder iQ’s offices in Boulder
- Membership starting at 6 months, renewable up to 18 months
Boulder iQ said it will accept applicants from Colorado as well as throughout the nation.
“Our goal is to help companies with the very best technologies and opportunities succeed, no matter where they are located,” said Kasic.
“At the same time, we do hope to encourage the success of new companies in Colorado.”
Boulder iQ will make final decisions on the first class members by Oct. 1, said Kasic.