Tuesday January 28, 2014 0 commentsDENVER - SpotXchange, a platform for video advertising, announced it experienced rapid revenue growth in 2013 and an all-time high in December.
The company said programmatic revenue accounted for 46 percent of its overall revenue growth in 2013, reaching 57 percent of revenue growth in December - four times higher than the same month a year earlier.
The success of the company's video advertising platform has led to growth on all sides of the business as demand for its technology, services and ad-serving capabilities increases, SpotXchange said.
The company's number of employees also jumped in 2013 from 74 to 122 by year's end.
Other growth in 2013 included:
- Mobile represented the fastest-growing segment of the business, serving about 1 billion mobile video impression opportunities to programmatic buyers worldwide in Q4
- Video ad bid requests jumped from 1 million per minute in December 2012 to 3.5 million per minute in December 2013
- Video ad views in the U.S. went from 500 million in January 2013 to 2.5 billion in November 2013 (according to comScore).
- Reach in the U.S. went from 50 million visitors in January 2013 to 130 million in November 2013 (comScore).
- Global reach went from 86 million visitors in January 2013 to 291 million in December 2013 (Quantcast).
- Daily global uniques increased to over 20 million per day in December 2013 compared to 5 million per day a year earlier.
- Video ad auctions jumped to 500 million per day in December 2013 compared to 150 million per day a year earlier.
"SpotXchange is looking forward to an explosive 2014 as we cement our position as the industry's most comprehensive video advertising platform, including superior ad-serving capabilities and the best control and transparency available," said Mike Shehan, the company's CEO.