Tuesday October 23, 2012 0 comments
DENVER - The Colorado Cleantech Industry Association presented awards to 14 recipients during CCIA's annual Colorado Cleantech Industry Awards Celebration on Monday.
"We are proud to recognize this year's winners for their significant efforts in expanding the cleantech ecosystem in Colorado," said Christine Shapard, CCIA's executive director.
"These individuals and companies represent the best and brightest in Colorado and the nation throughout the cleantech sector."
The winners were selected on a variety of factors, including their ability to impact the marketplace with innovative, clean technologies, successful fundraising, ability to scale their technology, and a company's job-creation success.
Individuals were selected on their commitment to expanding Colorado's cleantech industry and their dedication to the growth of their respective organizations.
Winners were chosen by a group of industry peers that ranged from venture capitalists and corporate strategists to current and former cleantech CEOs.
This year's winners were:
- National Cleantech Leadership - CSU Center for the New Energy Economy
- Governor's Award for Excellence in Cleantech Leadership - Robert Fenwick-Smith, founder of Aravaipa investment fund
- Cleantech Corportate Champion - Wells Fargo
- Investor of the Year - 9th Street Investments in Golden
- High Impact Cleantech Company of the Year - Albeo Technologies, Boulder
- Breakout Cleantech Company of the Year - Boulder Wind Power
- Emerging Cleantech Company of the Year - SkyFuel Inc.
- Colorado Cleantech Entrepreneur of the Year - Hans Mueller, EcoVapor Recovery Systems
- Colorado Cleantech Executive of the Year - Mark Verheyen, TerraLUX
- Political Advocate of the Year - State Rep. Brian DelGrosso, Loveland
- Excellence in Commercialization - Dr. Eugene Chen, CSU; Dr. Ryan Gill, University of Colorado; Dr. Charles Teplin, NREL; and Dr. P. Craig Taylor, School of Mines.
For more information, visit www.coloradocleantech.com.