Monday February 3, 2014 0 comments
The inaugural 1Million Cups Northern Colorado was held at AIR-Arts Incubator of the Rockies on Jan. 29.
Facilitated by Chris Hutchinson of Trebuchet Group, the first meeting centered around ways we will work together and ideas we have to create a stronger startup community in Northern Colorado.
About 30 people attended the event, with coffee provided by Mugs.
Ideas floated included:
- Engage Innosphere
- Create a common calendar of activities--particularly related to funding opportunities
- A startup van pool
- Collect resources into a single spot
- Use un-conference techniques
- Share using Google docs or forum
- Dial a (lawyer, accountant, advisor)
- Leverage Steering Committee
Our desired outcomes for the weekly event include:
- Take advantage of resources from Kauffman (1 Million Cups' founder)
- Use 1 Million Cups as a platform to practice and inspire one another and help startups raise money
- Use it as a format to collaborate among startups, i.e., create something new
- Develop relationships with other business people - get past being stuck
- Connect resources such as money, time, ideas, experience
- Develop synergy in ideas and people--work thematically
- Train and provide tools to work together
- Encourage different perspectives
- Allow free flow and unstructured time
- BUILD OUR STARTUP COMMUNITY IN NORTHERN COLORADO
A reminder: If you would like to present at 1 Million Cups Northern Colorado, please sign up at: noco.sites.1millioncups.com.
If you have questions, please call, text or email Lee Porter or call 970-481-1584.