Wednesday November 29, 2017 0 comments
DENVER -- Ping Identity today announced new capabilities in its Ping Identity Platform to help global enterprises streamline the migration to modern IAM in today’s hybrid IT environment.
Enterprises today require more flexible deployment options, higher resiliency and scalability to support the business demands of increased uptime and security, Ping said.
With these in mind, Ping said today’s announcement includes enhancements to PingAccess, best practice migration services from legacy solutions, and new capabilities in PingID:
- Automate and optimize cloud deployments. The latest version of PingAccess allows customers to automate deployments, auto-scale to meet fluctuating demand, and conduct zero downtime upgrades in Amazon Web Services (AWS). These out-of-the-box capabilities significantly reduce the manual effort required to deploy and configure in the cloud, the company said.
- Benefit from seamless migration services. Ping said a new set of best practice tools helps accelerate migration from legacy Web Access Management (WAM) products to Ping’s modernized access management solutions, helping secure applications, APIs and service across enterprise hybrid IT environments.
- Leverage offline authentication support. New capabilities in PingID provide the security and convenience of a cloud-based multi-factor authentication service, adding the reliability of offline authentication if internet connectivity is disrupted, according to Ping.
PingAccess, part of the Ping Identity Platform, helps secure modern applications and APIs with a range of centralized authorization policies and advanced session management control, the company said.
Large enterprises can efficiently deploy the product into their own AWS environments, the company said. Customizable templates and scripts help automate thousands of manual steps and activities, allowing organizations to gain the following additional capabilities:
- Automated AWS deployment. Reduces PingAccess deployment times to minutes, leveraging a reference architecture that is pre-integrated and architected for scale/performance and serves as a foundation for further customization.
- Auto-scaling. Maintains SLAs and meets unexpected demand spikes by monitoring performance thresholds to trigger the deployment of additional instances or their decommission, both lowering IT costs and eliminating the need for capacity planning and resource procurement.
- Zero downtime upgrades. Seamlessly upgrades to new versions of PingAccess without disrupting user sessions or scheduling downtime, resulting in better user experience and productivity.
- Environment Configuration and Promotion. Customizes the PingAccess deployment environment for different teams, and then leverages those configurations across the software development lifecycle to support agile deployment initiatives such as DevOps.
Ping Identity said it is also launching a set of migration tools, best practices and services designed to streamline and accelerate the migration away from legacy WAM products to PingAccess.
The PingAccess Solution Accelerator helps guide IAM professionals through the process of unwinding many years of legacy WAM operational processes and integrations.
This is designed to make the transition as seamless and secure as possible, the company said. Harnessing knowledge and expertise from prior enterprise migration efforts, the PingAccess Solution Accelerator captures best practices and makes them actionable for customers -- so they can move to a modern access management solution, including the option to deploy to on-premises or cloud environments.
PingID is a cloud-based service for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for organizations seeking to balance strong authentication with user convenience via a customizable and brandable mobile or desktop app.
Ping said enterprises require extremely high availability and reliability when it comes to authenticating and logging into their applications. PingID now offers offline MFA capabilities so that organizations can continue to enforce strong authentication, even in situations where there is a loss in Internet connectivity, the company said.
Whether the disruption is due to an Internet provider issue, natural disaster or other scenario, the latest release of PingID helps ensure a dependable, convenient way to authenticate via a cloud-based service, Ping said.
“It can be difficult for enterprises to migrate away from a legacy system that they’ve used and trusted for years,” said Loren Russon, Ping Identity VP of products.
“This is where Ping Identity excels for its customers by continuously innovating to keep their businesses competitive.
“With these latest enhancements, we’re not only providing flexible cloud deployment options and migration tools to support that transition, but also making offline multi-factor authentication available to help ensure uptime is never disrupted.”