Monday October 8, 2018 0 comments
GOLDEN -- Global Blockchain Summit, the premiere event featuring all things blockchain, Hyperledger, distributed ledger technology (DLT), Ethereum and fintech, returns to Denver on Friday, Oct. 19 through Saturday, Oct. 20.
The Summit will be the cornerstone of Denver Blockchain Week, Denver's top blockchain industry event, which puts the Denver and Boulder corridor on the map as a prime location for the blockchain industry. The event will be held in Golden, just a short drive from downtown Denver.
Building on the success of the Spring Global Blockchain Summit, which featured speakers from ShapeShift, VMware, Dragonchain, and Rebel A.I., founders John Carpenter and Hans Hultgren are expanding the Fall event. Carpenter and Hultgren have assembled thought leaders and visionaries from around the world who will be discussing blockchain trends, insights and predictions, and exchanging industry insider knowledge and ideas.
The Summit presents an opportunity for industry newcomers to learn the history and basics of this emerging technology, and for seasoned blockchain professionals to learn more about current and future applications from the top minds in the industry. Global Blockchain Summit will feature some of the world’s most prominent blockchain and distributed ledger experts and companies including:
- State of Colorado: Wayne Williams, Colorado Secretary of State
- State of Colorado: Gerald Rome, Colorado Securities Commissioner
- Dcntral: James Barry, co-founder
- Consensys: Kevin Owocki, founder GitCoin
- National Cybersecurity Center: Vance Brown, CEO
- Clause.io: Peter Hunn, founder
- True Tickets: Steven Dobish, president and co-founder
- BeefChain.io: Rob Jennings, CEO and founder
- Hyperledger: David Huseby
- Bridge 21: Will Madden, CEO and founder
- Decent: Daniel Riddell, ambassador
- Perkins Cole: Stephen Keen, attorney
- The DaVinci Institute: Michael Cushman, Senior Fellow and board member
A focus for the Summit is also on diversity, equality and women in blockchain, featuring:
- Armand Ngueti, president of the Africa Chapter of the GBA
- Navroop K. Sahdev, economist and Fellow at MIT, and the 2017 United Nations Youth Delegate
- Lara Aulestia, executive director of Business Development at Resonate
This year’s Global Blockchain Summit is sponsored in part by law firm Perkins Coie, Boulder-based Zayo Group, Ideas By Nature and many others. Media partners include PR and marketing firm Cast Influence, who will be interviewing speakers leading up to and during the Summit on its InfluenceNow Podcast.
The Summit will be held at the Origin Hotel Red Rocks, 18485 W Colfax Ave, Golden.
Tickets to Global Blockchain Summit are $799 for both days and $499 for one day. Students and government officials can purchase two-day passes for $499.
Attendance is limited. To register, visit https://www.eventsquid.com/register/4677 or for speaker or sponsorship information, visit https://globalblockchainsummit.com/interested-sponsoring-speaking.